Friday, July 4, 2008

COMFORT ZONE!



I can honestly say I never had a legit "comfort zone." Every time I find one it seems that GOD yanks me out of it! Which I'm not mad at b/c he showed me why. A lil tidbit about me.... See I was extremely poor growing up! I had slept on the floor since I was 11 till about 19. Don't be sad I wasn't! I didn't care as long as it wasn't the streets! My mom kept food in the frig but she wasn't always around b/c she worked so hard. When I was around 10 she left for 2 yrs to truck drive and at 14 she left again. Her nickname is momma "BEAT FEET!" But that's another post. I lived in I say 10 different Apts. and 3 different houses in a 10 yr span! No I wasn't adopted I just jumped from family member to family member.Surprisingly I stayed in the same neighborhood in high but that all changed when I graduated lol. Each time ya know I learned something different about self and life. So one day it dawned on me that my comfort zone is with God. Not a house, friend, hobby, or anything I've ever done or had! He really showed me how I needed him. When we got evicted I called his name for shelter and when we were broke I called him for financial stability. He answered and delivered and gave me reassurance to trust him. So beware b/c God hates comfort zones unless its with him...........

8 comments:

Dreamy said...

you are so right sir about the finding your comfort in God, awwwwwwwwh see God does take care of his own!!!

I hope that you had a wonderful 4th, and kiss the little cutie for me, i love kids,lol

Angie Marie said...

Even though you didnt have a lot at a younger age, your really blessed. Just like Lupe says "struggle...another sign that God love ya." Im glad you didnt just give up on things like a lot of ppl have.

& what did you do 4 4th of July!

Sexxy Luv said...

it's nice to see that you recognize that god was with you every step of the way as a child, some folks give up and ask 'why'

i needed to read this post, thanks! :)

arychtexas said...

@ dreamy yes he does. i wanted this to make people see that change aint bad with him....

@ blahh lupe right to and i was sick on da forth im post something

@ sexxy luv yeah i dont ask why b/c he knows me better than anybody and he knows what he's doing!

meowi said...

very inspiring[ i love Post about God{and plus ur blessed to have such beautiful children{

arychtexas said...

@ JAY welcome and thks brother and im happy that my life experience can inspire somebody to keep on going!

Judy D. said...

Amen

Samson said...

well well