Sunday, May 11, 2008

Cop Frustration!

Frustration?

May 8th Rodney king all over again? As we know, twelve cops “blood gang jumped” three men for an “apparent” drug related shooting. How hard is it to be a cop or shall I say a professional? I look at a cop and I think please don’t pull me over because I’m doing 65 in a 55 but in the back of my mind I consider protect and serve. On the many hearts of The Philadelphia Police department all they could reminisce about was the loss of three cops by gunfire in the last 22 months. In addition, most recently Sgt. Stephen Liczbinski, 39, a 12-year member of the force, was gunned down in the nearby Port Richmond section. According to Health Magazine, police officers are ranked number two for Americas Top High Stress Jobs. Moreover, about 60,000 police officers are attacked annually and 56 cops die yearly according to Nationmaster.com. So is this an excuse for frustration for their actions? By no means! Let’s define frustration and assault. Webster says frustration is a deep chronic sense or state of insecurity and dissatisfaction arising from unresolved problems or unfulfilled needs. Hmm… How about assault? Assault… an unlawful attack or attempted attack upon a person for the purpose of inflicting severe or aggravated bodily injury. I’ll take assault for 10,000 BOB! Even though I know that these guys are under tremendous pressure they have to stay professional. Our children look up to these guys (cops that is!). With actions like that they just prove the ignorant man philosophy that all cops are crooked! Should the 12 cops be indited for aggravated assault or keep their administrative job? Well that’s out of my hands……….

No comments: